Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the website. This is my first 900RR but have always loved the bikes. I just purchased my bike but the motor is locked up. If you have a good one let me know.
Thanks,Matt

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Im new to the website. This is my first 900RR but have always loved the bikes. I just purchased my bike but the motor is locked up. If you have a good one let me know.
Thanks,Matt

Have you tried to determine why it's locked up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I have not opened the engine up yet. I know its not the starter thats about it. But from what ive read if it doesnt turn over its most likely done.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No. I have not opened the engine up yet. I know its not the starter thats about it. But from what ive read if it doesnt turn over its most likely done.

It depends on why it won't turn over.
Have you tried removing the plugs, putting it in gear and seeing if the engine will turn backwards using the rear wheel?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I will try. What would it be if it does turn over?

If it's locked up solid then it's most likely a seized piston or conrod or possibly a camshaft.
If it does have some movement then it's more likely something broken or jammed, perhaps a piece of debris stuck in the primary drive or valve train.
If it turns through almost a full crank revolution then it's probably bent valves hitting a piston or debris in a cylinder.
I would also pull the sump off to see if there are chunks of metal in it and to allow you to see inside the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts