Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a '95 street fightered blade.
I get what's best described as a buzzin noise when revved. I've checked for loose stuff nothing found... seems to come from the carbs/head.
Anyone else had similar?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:welcome:
Anyone else had similar?
Oh yes, the infamous bizarre noise gremlin. I bought a FZ that had a horrible "buzzing" racket coming from the engine. After multiple attempts to locate I finally removed the panels and found a couple of bolts on the exhaust manifold had either backed out or previous owner failed to tighten. Either way it produced a awful buzz that stopped when pressure was applied with a screw driver. Tightened and it stopped.

Next my girlfriend bought a new ex500. It had a horrible noise coming from the front at about five thousand RPMs. I reminded her of the warranty and suggested letting the dealer sort it out. After an inspection they found nothing and tried to charge her. Then I went to pick the bike up and demonstrated the noise and rode off without any bill being discussed. I took it home and after a little hunting the problem was with the horn mount which I took off and bent a little and installed.

Good luck in your hunt, find a friend and have them hold the throttle at the RPMs were the noise is at its worse and snoop around. I hope it is something simple.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts