Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've damaged my 95 engine and most engines that are for sale don't come with carbs starter motor clutch or electrics.

My 893cc engine was in a kit car.

So my question is for a replacement engine would a 98 or 99 be ok? Can I fit my 95 carbs and will it connect up and run ok my 95 ecu? Will my 95 starter motor fit? And because it's in a car I'll b buying a new clutch so no bother there.

Thank you.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Yeah, the 98-99 motors should work with the 95 carbs and electrics. It may take some jetting to get it spot on as there were subtle changes over the years like larger float valve openings, main jet differences, and the TPS. Not sure if the 95 had that.

As far as the starter motor, they're all same from the 91 600F2 to the 2002 CB900F. Definite fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried the same with a CBR 600F4. Fitted a newer motor and electrics. The bike never went over 80 km/h. I tried everything, from power commanders to carb conversions, nothing worked. I even bought a new ECU, and even that didn't work. Only advice I have is try it and see what happens.

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No problem with electric etc, I just done swap sc33 engine into 95 frame and loom with all 95 components. But if you want to put sc28 carbs in to sc33 you will have to change carbs rubbers from carb in to the head ( they are to small )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts