Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't looked at the carbs yet but the bike is a little hard to start. are there air/fuel mix screws on the carbs? if so what do i turn them to?:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
If its a little hard to start, may not be getting enough fuel. Does it start with choke on? If it starts with choke on then dies immediately as choke is pushed in, needs a richer mix. Turn the fuel screws 1/2 turn out. I recently had this problem of hard starting and the engine rpm's hanging before declining when letting the gas off. I just put a jet kit in so it needed fine tuned. 3 turns out was the magic number for me.

-CS

·
Registered
36 Posts
I give that advice though up above based off clean carbs and new spark plugs. Those 2 added to the mix may impact your problem as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well here is my problem, bike was running good last week, but popping when letting off the throttle with clutch engaged(slowing down) so I ordered a jet kit from 6 sigma made to my bike specs, temp, sea level settings etc..., when I pulled the carbs off and got into it I saw it had a jet kit on it(main jets (all the same 125k)) and an after market slide needle 5 clip spots. I put the new main jets in 122.5 on1 and 4 and 125 on 2 and 3, then according to my instructions moved the clip on the needle one spot closer to the point. making it all the way to the closest spot.

I didn't adjust the idle speed, don't have the "D" socket and the instructions weren't to clear on the plug that needed to be drilled off and pooped out to adjust something else, so I stopped at those two things. Oh and I drilled the two holes in the slides (each side of the needle ) to a #44 drill bit.

I put it all back to gather and it ran fine just a little grumbling at 4,000 to 6,000 rpm felt like it was chugging.

I got new spark plugs in so I puled the old ones out , NKG and but in Brisk plugs(the ones with 360 degree spark, and will I was there I moved the needer back two spots to the center slot, and now it is hard to start. It wont fire at all with the chock on and with it off I have to play with the throttle to git it to start, once it warns up it runs like a spotted ape.

three things I think it cold be

1, crappy $60.00 plugs and I need to put the NKG's back in
2. I need to move the needle again ? suggestions?
3. I didn't seat the carbs back on good and there is an air/vacume leak.

it is a 1995 CBR900RR, K/N filter, Nology Wires, Brisk Plugs, 2 Degree came time advancer, Yohsemera slip on, and its hot here 95F

thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
so I put the old plugs back in and she fired right up, she is still a little warm, so ill double check in the morning, but looks like i'm going to try and return these plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts