Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some expertise. I stored my bike('95 CBR900rr) in garage for winter unheated. I did all the winterization steps required(stabil, oil in plugs, battery inside with trickle charger,blah blah blah). Now its spring, I have brought it out to start for the first time in 4 months, the damn thing won't start. Battery is great, fully charged(and holds a charge), it kicks over but just won't catch. It backfired a few times but wouldn't stay started. I have tried all the normal remedies, but don't to take it to the stealership as they will surely bankrupt me. Does anyone have any ideas that may help? I am thinking fuel pump or fuel filter, is this common to go bad if it ran great prior to storage? Is it the gasoline? Should I empty old gasoline out and replace with new high octane? Will an octane boost(or similar) help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice, problem is solved, put new gas in it and new fuel filter...and did normal pre season maintenance...purrs like a kitten, actually more like a my ex wife...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts