Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought this bike how do i know when the fan should turn of cause i turn my bike on and i dont hear the fan.cut i tested it by taking the wier off and puting a screw driver in the wireing and hit it to the frame and the fan did turn on so when should it turn on. on its own

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
just bought this bike how do i know when the fan should turn of cause i turn my bike on and i dont hear the fan.cut i tested it by taking the wier off and puting a screw driver in the wireing and hit it to the frame and the fan did turn on so when should it turn on. on its own

The fan won't come on until the coolant exceeds boiling point.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks. Bro just wanted to know I didn't know if it turns on when I turn on the
Bike

The fan should almost never run, except when you're stuck in slow traffic on hot days. I don't even bother keeping the fans on my bikes.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The fan should almost never run, except when you're stuck in slow traffic on hot days. I don't even bother keeping the fans on my bikes.
:eek: seriously? Maybe for a race bike:)

Street sport bikes should have fans since their radiators aren't designed big enough to tolerate stop and go driving.

I notice my oil stays clear and yellow MUCH longer since I've done the fan over-ride switch and don't hesitate to flip it on whenever going slow.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
:eek: seriously? Maybe for a race bike:)

Street sport bikes should have fans since their radiators aren't designed big enough to tolerate stop and go driving.

I notice my oil stays clear and yellow MUCH longer since I've done the fan over-ride switch and don't hesitate to flip it on whenever going slow.

Street sport bikes are designed to be moving, why allow yourself to get stuck in traffic :)
I have occasionally had to ride in traffic and the bike can certainly get hot but it cools down almost instantly once moving again.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Street sport bikes are designed to be moving, why allow yourself to get stuck in traffic :)
I have occasionally had to ride in traffic and the bike can certainly get hot but it cools down almost instantly once moving again.
:plus1:

It'd be nice to not have to go through traffic... but I do live in a subburb of the biggest city in Minnesota... so I have a few stops and 30mph zones to navigate to get to the open road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts