Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the "faulty egcv and air intake valve" problem so i removed the htev , the servo , and the airbox flapper. After that i have a problem when i hit about 5.3rpm and it just lags there till 7rpm

Does anyone have a solution for this or a suggestion ??, i really dont know what to do .....

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I had the "faulty egcv and air intake valve" problem so i removed the htev , the servo , and the airbox flapper. After that i have a problem when i hit about 5.3rpm and it just lags there till 7rpm

Does anyone have a solution for this or a suggestion ??, i really dont know what to do .....

Thank You.

Which position is the HTEV set in currently?
Have you tried the other two positions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
i got my 954 tuned on the dyno and the tester said if i removed the flapper and htev id get more peak power and he would adjust the midrange to suit the missing htev,
So i removed the flapper and htev and i was getting lag at 5-6k rpm but after i brought it back to the dyno its pulling like a train and got a couple more bhp, so if ye have a PC111 get it to the dyno:thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bladeracer: i don't really know the position but i guess it is fully opened, or what other position could it be ??

levin: i live in Mexico in a small city so i've been having problems finding a good mechanic , that said i don't think there even exists a dyno in this city.I could try and look in some near city , thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
bladeracer: i don't really know the position but i guess it is fully opened, or what other position could it be ??

levin: i live in Mexico in a small city so i've been having problems finding a good mechanic , that said i don't think there even exists a dyno in this city.I could try and look in some near city , thanks anyway

When you remove the servo motor then you have to manually set it to one of its three positions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you remove the servo motor then you have to manually set it to one of its three positions.

yeah i kinda figured that out after searching a bit in the forum but the "mechanic" had already removed everything.

shittyarsedmonk: the htev is just open all the time like if it was 4 pipes with any other parts,and the flap in the airbox was removed

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yeah i kinda figured that out after searching a bit in the forum but the "mechanic" had already removed everything.

shittyarsedmonk: the htev is just open all the time like if it was 4 pipes with any other parts,and the flap in the airbox was removed

For the HTEV to be "open all the time", you would have to have set it to that position. Merely disconnecting it from the servo does not make it "open all the time".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the htev was removed , now there are no moving parts , its just the 4 pipe holes open all the time.

I been looking into powercommander , do you think this would help fix this???

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
the htev was removed , now there are no moving parts , its just the 4 pipe holes open all the time.

I been looking into powercommander , do you think this would help fix this???

I would put the valve back in there first to smooth out the gas flow.
Or replace the housing with four straight pipes like the HASS Eliminator.
PC is always good, especially when you start messing with things :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts