Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to replace my OEM fairing because of damage. The front fairing (upper cowl) was already replaced a few years ago because it was cracked from debris hitting it on the freeway. Rather than go with OEM or OEM style replacement, I was thinking of this Repsol scheme shown in the attachment and keeping my original red tank. Thoughts? Has anyone installed this Repsol scheme on their 954?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Never ever seen that on the road or forums in UK. Most who do a Repsol changeover use the 'traditional' navy/orange combination.

The one you've pictured though is very subtle and a striking colour. I would use that if I were doping a changeover. (I have used Castrols on a 2011 Blade). I would even be tempted to get your tank paint to match, maybe just the silver and white with a black Honda wing decal;) .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never ever seen that on the road or forums in UK. Most who do a Repsol changeover use the 'traditional' navy/orange combination.

The one you've pictured though is very subtle and a striking colour. I would use that if I were doping a changeover. (I have used Castrols on a 2011 Blade). I would even be tempted to get your tank paint to match, maybe just the silver and white with a black Honda wing decal;) .
Thanks for your feedback Nigel. I was thinking of what kit aside from OEM (or replica) could I install WITHOUT having to change the tank color. lol

I wish there was a virtual way to overlay this fairing onto my bike This is the stock pic of my bike:
Honda CBR954 OEM Stock pic.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those Repsol colours are awesome, I would take a punt and go for them, worst case scenario you could get some stickers/vinyl made to stick on the tank with some white/grey/black then if you ever change back to stock you can just pull the stickers off....

I also have a red and black 954 here's mine, I love it!

Fireblades by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

·
Registered
426 Posts
there are some sites that sell a tank cover with the fairing. that red blob on top of the repsol fairings would look pretty goofy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those Repsol colours are awesome, I would take a punt and go for them, worst case scenario you could get some stickers/vinyl made to stick on the tank with some white/grey/black then if you ever change back to stock you can just pull the stickers off....

I also have a red and black 954 here's mine, I love it!
by Daniel Collins, on Flickr
Nice! gotta love that red :) I noticed your rear cowl is different than mine. Is that an aftermarket one? or European OEM?

You guys gotta get a REAL colour! (y)
HA! I do like the fireblade emblem on yours Nigel 😁

there are some sites that sell a tank cover with the fairing. that red blob on top of the repsol fairings would look pretty goofy.
Sounds like a good option! What sites sell those tank covers? what "red blob" are you referring to?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
. . .
HA! I do like the fireblade emblem on yours Nigel 😁
Standard for UK/Euro. I guess you'e know the USA market has never officially referred to these as FireBlades/Fireblades until the soon-to-be-released 2020/21 CBR1000 RR-R. Many of your fellow riders buy OUR decals to put on their bikes. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ooh, another polished frame!! I see from the pics the decal changed to CBR Blade ;)
Yes I bought it with the frame polished like that, but the "CBRBlade" miscue comes from replacing the OEM upper fairing cowl with an aftermarket fairing which resulted in this blend with the OEM sticker :geek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotcha.

Anyway, these are the sites I have contacted so far about the fairing all but one said they could do it. Any thoughts or experience with any of these companies?
Auctmart
Monster Fairings
fmotos
iFairings

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
I've used Auctmart on my previous 2011 Blade. Great service and price and reasonable shipping time.

All of these aftermarkets are not as thick and pliable as OEMs but as a dress up they are great. Be sure to use plenty of the supplied heat retardant, because these things suffer heat much more readily.

Of the companies you've listed, I often wonder if some are distributors rather than the original manufacturer - in other words, some or all could be made by the one company! (I have no proof of that though)

Also agree that the 'tank covers' mentioned are for the 2004 onwards bikes. To cover the metal tanks would result in a bulbous 'Dakar-looking' Blade!!:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've used Auctmart on my previous 2011 Blade. Great service and price and reasonable shipping time.

All of these aftermarkets are not as thick and pliable as OEMs but as a dress up they are great. Be sure to use plenty of the supplied heat retardant, because these things suffer heat much more readily.

Of the companies you've listed, I often wonder if some are distributors rather than the original manufacturer - in other words, some or all could be made by the one company! (I have no proof of that though)

Also agree that the 'tank covers' mentioned are for the 2004 onwards bikes. To cover the metal tanks would result in a bulbous 'Dakar-looking' Blade!!:)
Thanks for sharing your experience and advice.
As far as companies being distributors of the same source, I wouldn't doubt it. In my contact with and/or reading about each company they are all shipped from china except one. See the attached table from my spreadsheet data so far.

·
Registered
426 Posts
my understanding is that auctmart is a distributor of fairings they've found to fit well or have good reviews. because they do the work to find fairings that should work well out of the box, they charge slightly more than if you were to buy the same via ebay or something. you don't know the actual manufacturer, obviously, but they're supposed to be good.

what i've found from looking up much the same question is to find ones that are injection, not compression molded. for the old 900s it's difficult to find injection but for the 954 i think it should be easy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts