Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
my understanding is that auctmart is a distributor of fairings they've found to fit well or have good reviews. because they do the work to find fairings that should work well out of the box, they charge slightly more than if you were to buy the same via ebay or something. you don't know the actual manufacturer, obviously, but they're supposed to be good.

what i've found from looking up much the same question is to find ones that are injection, not compression molded. for the old 900s it's difficult to find injection but for the 954 i think it should be easy.
good stuff. thanks skant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice! gotta love that red :) I noticed your rear cowl is different than mine. Is that an aftermarket one? or European OEM?
I actually really like the black decal on the cowl of yours, funny isn't it people always like what they don't see as often lol.

No argument with that, but I ordered a specific number on my Castrols to match my number plate. Of course they could have jobbed it out, but just passing this on as info.
View attachment 108139

View attachment 108140

View attachment 108141
That looks mega Nigel, makes my 929 quite dated in comparison! Be cool if we got to a track day together in our Castrol colours!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I actually really like the black decal on the cowl of yours, funny isn't it people always like what they don't see as often lol.

That looks mega Nigel, makes my 929 quite dated in comparison! Be cool if we got to a track day together in our Castrol colours!
True! thanks.

Sooo where's pics of your Castrol 929? :unsure:

Also saw a well thought out post listing the pro/cons of fairing replacement and an extensive list of suppliers:

If money & time were no object then I would like go with Monster hands down because their customer contact person has been very responsive and helpful which lends me to think if there is an issue they will be accessible and helpful. But, it's hard to argue not going with Auctmart for those very reasons: time & $$. Spreadsheets don't lie! lol

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Congrats!

I hope you don't have any problems with fitting. Slow and careful is the way to go.

Also, you might want to contact the manufacturer and ask for a bit of discount because the 'B' in FireBlade should be capitalised on the 954 and all Blades before it! (Sorry, just my argumentative, evil old man demon taking over!!)(y)

Will look great on the bike and for me a more subtle look than the glaring orange.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Creap! i never
Congrats!

I hope you don't have any problems with fitting. Slow and careful is the way to go.

Also, you might want to contact the manufacturer and ask for a bit of discount because the 'B' in FireBlade should be capitalised on the 954 and all Blades before it! (Sorry, just my argumentative, evil old man demon taking over!!)(y)

Will look great on the bike and for me a more subtle look than the glaring orange.
Crap! I never noticed that punctuation difference/. :( It might be too late to change since I already gave them the go ahead.

One concern I have now after looking at all the pieces is the lack of red versus my current color scheme. I mean obviously I knew there was a lot more black than what I have now, but after envisioning it even moreso now as the delivery time approaches it make me realize it even more. If you know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
. . . One concern I have now after looking at all the pieces is the lack of red versus my current color scheme. I mean obviously I knew there was a lot more black than what I have now, but after envisioning it even moreso now as the delivery time approaches it make me realize it even more. If you know what I mean?
There is an advantage there, though, and that is if you are not repainting your tank to match, there is enough distance and colour separation from the fairing red that the difference might not be noticeable! :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There is an advantage there, though, and that is if you are not repainting your tank to match, there is enough distance and colour separation from the fairing red that the difference might not be noticeable! :)
I hope that is the case because I do not plan to change the tank at all. I have only considered changing that solid black graphic on the tank side to be three black strips kind of similar to the Repsol tank. See my rough conceptual sketch below:

Orange Repsol tank:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts