Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blade will puff black smoke( unburnt fuel) pretty bad when you crack it hard.... i only even do it when its completley up to temp... I have had a couple of different tunes on it, and they both do it...

Im wanting to put my bike on a dyno this weekend to try a different tune that i got for my full hindle system...but im a bit worried about burning it up...

any thoughts...?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If you're putting it on the dyno anyway have them check the air/fuel ratio.
If it's going on the dyno you should make sure plugs and air filter are clean and it wouldn't hurt to synch the throttle bodies if you can.
If you're only doing runs it probably doesn't matter but if you're tuning a map you want the bike as close to perfect as you can rather than tune it perfectly in a less than perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
My blade will puff black smoke( unburnt fuel) pretty bad when you crack it hard......but im a bit worried about burning it up...

any thoughts...?
My thoughts are ... Don't worry. It is a bit ritch and therefore running cooler than if at the optimum or at a lean mixture. It won't burn up!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well when i meant burning up, was more damage to the valve seats or what ever that is wrong..

But i did some testing and it only smokes under acceleration up to rev limiter... it i hold it constant anywhere like 11k its zero smoke or anything.... just when its reved hard...

i wont be doing any tuning on this session its for a race event that my club is putting on, $30 for 5 pulls on the dyno....

last year i made 141.5hp and 73.5tq at the wheel with a really bad tune... i aquired a full hindle titanium map from a guy on here and i want to check my results

·
Registered
196 Posts
Am to that my 954 lets out a puff of smoke (white/grey) whne I crack on the throttle full & only for an instant. The bike doesnt smoke on constant throttle. Bike has about 60k miles on it & cam chain is HANGING out of it

Is your bike using oil ecessively by any chance?

·
Registered
211 Posts
ur riding around town alot that's the carbon buildup in the exhaust system tho when u suddenly snap the throttle it does that and after few snaps it should be gone no ? that means ur riding slow my friend lots of stop and go riding

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no affect, i ran it on the dyno and it did it... made 136rwhp, so im going to try my old tune that made 139rwhp. and it still puffed

there was an 06 CBR 1000 with a power commander and a slip on yoshi and it made 137hp.... wtf?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Maybe the 1000 wasn't very well or very high mileage?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
In my opinion the HP and Torque figures from most dyno runs are BS. So much variation between runs with as close to the the same conditions as you can get.
It would be different if people would talk about results using real brake dynanometer instead of inertial units. Then you can run for as long as you wanted to at any RPM you wanted,until results stabilized. In my opinion, much more accurate.

·
Registered
511 Posts
could be too rich or ring blow by.. maybe try adjusting the map leaner a tad on the higher rpm's..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Would what cause white smoke?
White smoke is usually coolant or oil.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
see its not the high rpm, because if you hold it constant at any rpm nothing but clear discharge... but its when you crack it... quick change in rpm

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
When you had it on the dyno did they check air/fuel ratio?
Is there much oil in the airbox?

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah itdoes smell like coolant, what would cause that, the guy ibought it from said it has a fork seal leak would that cause it as well and is that a easy fix

1 - 20 of 47 Posts