Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled over for some fuel on my bike and noitced a whistling sound and strong smell from under the seat, after removing the seat we found the battery to be red hot and venting?, even after removing it from the bike it was still really hot for over 2hours, is this likey to be the regulator/rectifier??

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I pulled over for some fuel on my bike and noitced a whistling sound and strong smell from under the seat, after removing the seat we found the battery to be red hot and venting?, even after removing it from the bike it was still really hot for over 2hours, is this likey to be the regulator/rectifier??

Do the tests of the charging system. The problem could be the regulator or the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive just had mechanic mate round who has had the bike running for about a hour on the old battery and has carried out tests on the stator and rectifier and everything checks out fine..

I sort of wish he found a fault, i am going to replace the battery anyway then try these tests again after ive ridden the bike a few times.

Could i have a intermitent fault?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Believe it or not it jsut might be the battery. I always had to put mine on the charger after every ride to stay charged. So i had enough one day and went and bought a good battery with life time. And she is way better now. I don't even touch the charger now:cool:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Why do you keep bringing back REALLY old posts?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts