Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the codes for the f1 light, my bike is acting very weird, I can get it to rev smoothly , it jumps from 3000 rpm to 7000, and thats in or out of gear. There is a red Light flashing on the dash bot i dont have the code to tell me what the faulth is . Can anyone help.:idunno:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok lads i ll check in the morning . but how doi check , how long to i check for, when i first looked it was a red light ever 4 or 5 seconds .

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
does anyone have the codes for the f1 light, my bike is acting very weird, I can get it to rev smoothly , it jumps from 3000 rpm to 7000, and thats in or out of gear. There is a red Light flashing on the dash bot i dont have the code to tell me what the faulth is . Can anyone help.:idunno:
This happened for no reason?
Nothing was done to the bike beforehand?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i bought the bike it need a few things doing to it before i could drive it , And the guy I bought it from said it was a light for the security system so I dont know how long its been flashing

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
when i bought the bike it need a few things doing to it before i could drive it , And the guy I bought it from said it was a light for the security system so I dont know how long its been flashing
What kind of things did it need?
Which Limerick are you in? Maine? If so, the US bikes dont have a security system.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of things did it need?
Which Limerick are you in? Maine? If so, the US bikes dont have a security system.
Limerick Ireland , it needed anew chain and sprockets, rhe chain just would nt move, and it needed tyres.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So you haven't had it running properly at all?
Is the light the HISS light?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a red light in the dash, i was told when that it was the HISS light.
but is that not the same as the f1 light.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
its a red light in the dash, i was told when that it was the HISS light.
but is that not the same as the f1 light.
Nope.
The FI light is for the fuel injection system.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
so where should i see the f1 light when its on
On the other side of the tach.
I think the HISS light is on the left and FI on the right of centre?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
There are two other ones.
the Neutral light (green) and next to it, the FI light (red)

Before you prime your engine, the red light is solid. Cant really miss it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks a mill I was mistaking the FI for the HISS light, just never had it come on so i didnt know where to look. So now I know that the FI light is not on what could my problem be with the rev jumping from 3000 rpm to 7000. {does anyone have any idea}

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks twincam for that picture. the FI light goes of when the engin is running, so do you have any idea what could be causing my problem.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have done that when engin is not running and it operates smoothly and i have removed the tank and airbox to check it movement at the injection unit and that is smooth to.. but when the engine is running and I rev it, when it gets to 3000 rpm it seem to stall even that i am moving the throttle slighty then it seem to jump to 7000 rpm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts