Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This is driving me insane. Had the tank and airbox of my 954 and on putting it all back together I have a breather hose that I cant find a home for.

So far I've connected 2 large breathers to the airbox and 1 vacum hose. I've also connected the fuel line and return plus the overflow and one small diameter breather to the tank.

I'm left with a spare breather hose which is tee'd inline with the small tank breather which I cannot fond a homew for.

Any suggestions????:rant:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have the cali version? maybe its the hose going to the charcoal canister from the tank
No its a UK model so no smog bottle!

The internal diameter is really small as well (smaller than the small breather connected to the tank)

·
Registered
780 Posts
The one I have connects to the bottom of the tank, then about 1/3 of the way down it tees off and then continues on to the fairing slot just in front of the rear tire.

I have no idea where the teed off hose connects too.

I think ahthud has the same situation, correct?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi

This is driving me insane. Had the tank and airbox of my 954 and on putting it all back together I have a breather hose that I cant find a home for.

So far I've connected 2 large breathers to the airbox and 1 vacum hose. I've also connected the fuel line and return plus the overflow and one small diameter breather to the tank.

I'm left with a spare breather hose which is tee'd inline with the small tank breather which I cannot fond a homew for.

Any suggestions????:rant:
This small hose you are referring to does not connect to anything. It just lays on top of the motor. It will drive you nuts until you realize its normal.:thumb:

·
Registered
780 Posts
This small hose you are referring to does not connect to anything. It just lays on top of the motor. It will drive you nuts until you realize its normal.:thumb:
It's still weird. Why would you tee off a hose that goes to nowhere? :idunno:

·
Registered
833 Posts
He's just screwing with you, it goes somewhere. He just hasn't found out where.
Or maybe I'm just screwing with you because I know where it goes:idunno:
This hose is part of the vent system. It comes off the plastic tee and runs over near the idle adjustment screw. I snapped a pic of my bike tonight showing the hose at the tip of a screwdriver.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This hose is part of the vent system. It comes off the plastic tee and runs over near the idle adjustment screw. I snapped a pic of my bike tonight showing the hose at the tip of a screwdriver.
Thats the kiddie. Why o why is it there:confused: it does nothing as far as I can make out.:huh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts