Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so after putting my bike in the shop i called a few other shops and told them the story about how the bike ran untill i jumped it. reverse the polarity and the only thing that would of fired was the cdi box. so i called the shop i have the bike in and asked them if they wanted me to get a cdi box and thay said thay dont think thats it. ( and that thay are waiting for the manule from honda to diagnose the problam.) but i found one on ebay for 49.99 but it now ... should i buy it or not what does it sound like to yall.

link to ebay cdi box http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__HONDA-CBR-954-CDI-BOX-BLACK-BOX_W0QQitemZ360127661560QQadiZ2863QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item360127661560&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

iv naver got anything from ebay so im not sure if the thing is legit or not.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Might get lucky but I've learned to never buy a used electrical part unless there is some type of written guarantee.

My experience,
Ivan

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
you're using a shop that doesn't have a manual for a honda? wow.. ummm.. get your bike out of that shop.. and buy the piece from ebay..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
you're using a shop that doesn't have a manual for a honda? wow.. ummm.. get your bike out of that shop.. and buy the piece from ebay..
Even Honda dealers have to buy the manuals so why would they buy manuals they don't need yet?
Not having the manual is not indicative of the quality of the shop.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sure, but would they have needed a manual for it.
Most work doesn't need the manual and I assume in this case they're only after wiring diagrams and electrical specs for testing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im takin it out of the shop this afternoon and i got the cdi box and all the
electrical parts that i could .. that would have to do with the bike firing and im going to do it myself i guss.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at this point i just want my bike to run im sick of having it set with my other bikes and it not runing. ya at the end ill have around 3,000$ in her but she should be like new ..... i also got new plastics for her and a new gas tank ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Note: to everyone on the site thanks for all your help. and i hope to get her runing and post a few vids of her doin no.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i got the haynes service and repair manual. for the 954 ,,, my cdi box will be here tuesday... so ill go from ther once more thanks for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts