Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can give me the thumbs up or down on this cylinder. I bought the crashed bike with 1980 miles on her. It obviously sat for 5 years before i got it. It appears to have gotten water in the cylinder and it sat the whole time. It is into the top ring, but I cant remember the order of rings IIRC the oil ring is 2nd of the 3. It would definetly be into the first ring, but doesnt appear to get into 2nd ring. Would the bike still make compression? Will the heat go around ring and burn a hole into cylinder? Thanks in advanced guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
That isn't rust. The bores are aluminium. The top rings have rusted and got stuck to the bore and removed chunks of the bore while the engine has been turned. Did you get it like that or?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not rusted, it is definitely corrosion. The engine turns over easily. It has head off now but I havent split the block. Should I split block and check rings for rust? I used a penetrating fluid and let it sit overnight before I turned it over. It turns no problem. I have a good used head from another 954, I guess I should put it on and she what happens?

·
Registered
717 Posts
You could do that but to me it looks that there is too much missing and it will mess the top rings... But you could try offcourse...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts