Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am looking for a ECU and harness and ign barrel for a 02-03 954 blade. can anyone help please:confused:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hi guys i am looking for a ECU and harness and ign barrel for a 02-03 954 blade. can anyone help please:confused:
Assuming you have HISS you will need the HISS ECU and its _matching_ keys. You can have your barrel cut to fit the new keys if you don't get the ignition switch with it.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi Larry,
I was thinking of getting a U S ecu with harness and barrel.
I think you'll need more than just the harness.
Are the switch clusters and instruments wired the same?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you'll need more than just the harness.
Are the switch clusters and instruments wired the same?
what dont tell me that. i tought all i needed was the harness , barrel and ecu. feck it anyway. so what do i need all in .

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Here you go...

Click At £400 its not cheap but it has to be done - just make sure you always have a spare (otherwise its another ECU jobby)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
what dont tell me that. i tought all i needed was the harness , barrel and ecu. feck it anyway. so what do i need all in .
The HISS instrument cluster has the HISS flashing light so it must have at least one wire different.
The '02 and '03 European 954 have some wiring differences between them and the US is different again.
It _looks_ like the right switch cluster is the same though.
Instruments, ignition switch and left cluster look to be wired differently on the diagrams. I didn't go right through them so there may be more differences.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I didn't go right through them so there may be more differences.
In regards to the switch gear, the '02 had a switch to turn the headlamps on (parking/dipped) and off - on the '03 the switch was removed as the headlamp remains on "dipped" (to comply with EU law)

If you're going to go down the route of changing the harness, just make sure there will be no clashes with anything else.

Might be easier to buy the ECU & keys from eBay :thumb:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In regards to the switch gear, the '02 had a switch to turn the headlamps on (parking/dipped) and off - on the '03 the switch was removed as the headlamp remains on "dipped" (to comply with EU law)

If you're going to go down the route of changing the harness, just make sure there will be no clashes with anything else.

Might be easier to buy the ECU & keys from eBay :thumb:

:confused: That ecu on ebay is going to set me back 600 euros. thats a lot of money.
Has anyone seen or got one of those ecu on ebay that come with the blank key, DO they work ?

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
:confused: That ecu on ebay is going to set me back 600 euros. thats a lot of money.
Has anyone seen or got one of those ecu on ebay that come with the blank key, DO they work ?
Thats actually quite cheap according to some I've seen on eBay - they're usually going for £450+... Brand new your looking at over £1000 (I was quoted for the Hiss ECU & Key for my Hornet when I first bought her)

All you need from that kit is the chip within the key and the ecu. I think Bladeracer has fixed the chip (it comes in the black part of the key - under the glossy honda cover) next to the HISS reciever so he can use what ever key matches the ignition barrel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts