Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, im new to the site so heres a first. i have an 03 954 california model and need to know if theres a way to get rid of all that emisions crap. i want to put a new exhaust system on the bike and want to know what i need to do .

·
Registered
902 Posts
Rule: if you don't need it, remove it. If you don't know what it is, you will when its removed. Its a great learning experience.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You really don't need to remove all the emission stuff when installing a new
exhaust system. Just the exhaust valve and associated cables. There was a thread here not too long ago about removing the exhaust valve and cables. Do a search and you should find it. It was only a month or so ago.
You can leave the vapor cannister. It is actually a good thing. Keeps fuel vapor from getting into the air. And you really do not need to remove the pair valve stuff unless you are setting your bike up for racing.

But you should get a Powercommander and the O 2 sensor eliminator as well if putting a new exhaust on.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, this isn't the old days where cams and everything else is different.

For a streetbike, just swap exhausts, don't worry about anything else except mapping with a powercommander. You won't change HP and you'll just lose a couple of pounds, close to the CG, so it's doubtful you could feel it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
By taking off the emissions ..Pair Valve..its not goin to do anything ..except put more emissions into the air...all it does is inject air into the exhaust stream to help burn off unburned fuel ...it doesnt rob any power..some may experience ticking or popping ......I guess its your call ...I had a loud ticking Pair Valve on my 98 gixxer ..I disconnected it because every time I stopped at a light it was so loud ..it drove me nuts ..but i cant hear it on my Blade at all ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts