Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm under the impression that if I take a complete 954 engine, TBs/injectors and all, and put it into a 929 that it will work. Is this correct? Also, how much of a performance hit will I take by not using the 954 ECU - and how much can be made up with a PC3?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm under the impression that if I take a complete 954 engine, TBs/injectors and all, and put it into a 929 that it will work. Is this correct? Also, how much of a performance hit will I take by not using the 954 ECU - and how much can be made up with a PC3?
You don't need anything but the engine itself and it'll work just fine.
You can run the 929 or 954 throttle bodies.
No idea what gains you might see from the ECU. Personally I think most of the 954's 10hp over the 929 comes from the throttle bodies. To run the ECU you will have to replace the entire harness and whatever else is wired differently - instruments, tail light, etc.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also... is $460 a good deal for a FULL engine (with both covers and stator, etc) with TBs/injectors? 8k miles on it...

I'm thinking of picking it up just as a spare, if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
also... is $460 a good deal for a FULL engine (with both covers and stator, etc) with TBs/injectors? 8k miles on it...

I'm thinking of picking it up just as a spare, if nothing else.
Mileage is irrelevant but if it's a good engine and transmission that sounds like a great price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts