Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI im New Here, and i have a small problem that i cannot seem to resolve. i am currently in the process of finishing a dunebuggy and i have a 954 engine powering it. my problem is that i can't get any spark or fuel to the engine. I don't have a key that's being used for this and im trying to figure out the minimum amount of wires neccesary to make this beast come to life. i have done this before with a GSXR engine and had no issues, but im not very familiar with hondas But i know they Run like Stink and never die. Any help would be greatly appreciated. and i'll try to get some pics up of the finished product. Thanks in Advance :huh:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
is it turning over? do you still have the original harness wired into it?

if so it will be because the 954 has a lean angle sensor that when unplugged will stop the plugs sparking and fuel pump from working, if you find the plug where the sensor used to plug into, (near the headlight end of the harness, it is a three prong plug) and bridge the outer two wires of that plug (solder them together), you will trick it into thinking the sensors plugged in, the motor should fire up.... i say this as if i know, it is just one possibility... best of luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is turning over & i am running a Stock Harness but i had to extend it about 6ft. & yes I already did away with the bank angle sensor and twisted the red and Green together.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yes it is turning over & i am running a Stock Harness but i had to extend it about 6ft. & yes I already did away with the bank angle sensor and twisted the red and Green together.
6ft!! thats a long old harness!! but unfortunately i cant help:idunno: best of luck sorting it though dude.:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL i know Right soldering every individual wire was a P.I.T.A. but the end result will be worth it. Thank you Anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts