Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , I finally got a Akrapovic end can for my 954 the other day and when I bolted it on I was checking out that cone shaped thingy on the end of the pipe assembly . I was checking out my manual and noticed that the californian model does not have this but has an O2 sensor . My question is has anyone cut this off and will it hurt or improve the power with an aftermarket can :huh:

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what I have read about exhausts, most of the manufacturers recommend that you cut the cone off. I think that it is just there for noise control. I have never heard of anyone having problems with cutting the cone off. I have a CA model and I have eliminated my 02 sensor and HTEV. for a while I thought that it caused a problem until I found a bad fuel pressure regulator diaphram. After I replaced that part, it ran like a dream. :welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Atomicpunk . Is that your blade with the high pipe ? that looks wicked . So sounds like cutting the sucker off is the go .Is yours a full system or have you kept std headers and manufactured a link pipe ? And Flea sorry for being a dumbass but does +1 mean you agree with atomic ? if so thanks for the reassurance . Cheers guys:hellobye:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Flea your Blade looks hot too .Looks like a pretty good scatchin road its parked on there too . I have to put some pics of mine on here , thats a cool feature , I usually remember bikes before names .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks Atomicpunk . Is that your blade with the high pipe ? that looks wicked . So sounds like cutting the sucker off is the go .Is yours a full system or have you kept std headers and manufactured a link pipe ? And Flea sorry for being a dumbass but does +1 mean you agree with atomic ? if so thanks for the reassurance . Cheers guys:hellobye:
I have the Devil 3/4 system w/ race can and Hass Eliminator and stock headers. I'ts prety loud when I get on the gas, but not so much at low rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts