Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up gang! im looking to get an aftermarket pipe on my 03 954. probably get a yosh rs3 or something. a friend has one on his gsxr750 n it sounds great. not really looking for hp gains or anything just want to live-n up the sound the bike makes! anyway my question is i know when you take off the stock pipe there is that cone piece on the mid pipe n i was curious how does one get that off to put the yosh pipe on? i assume its gotta go anyway? is it welded or what? n if so can i cut it off with just a hacksaw or just what do i do to get it off. i dont really have any special tools like a cutting wheel or anything of that sort. thanks for the info blade-e's :help:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody knows about that cone part on the mid pipe???????? im sure some of you have an aftermarket pipe on your 954! i could use just a little help!

·
Registered
833 Posts
It depends on the brand of the muffler if you have to remove the spark arrestor. When I purchased my 954 it had a Micron bolt on and still had the spark arrestor. When I swapped it with a Two Brothers muffler I had to cut it off using a hacksaw.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i like two bros on some bikes but i just dont think it looks all that great on the 954. of course i guess that depends on what kinda style it is but im speaking about the ones that are currently available for the 954. not a ton of pipe options these days. the yosh rs1 or rs3 looks a little dated by todays standards but i think it would suit the bike pretty well. a friend has a yosh on his gsxr750 and it sounds pretty bad ass. ive found some other pipes from over seas a couple look pretty nice but i dont really have the 600$ to spend on one. the yosh is pretty cost effective and like i said i know it sounds pretty kick ass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts