Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
no... why? btw you also got to take into play the height of the engine. if for some reason the flanges work "very doubtful" the rest of the header wont. much easier to go aftermarket or the proper oem unit. i never understand why people want to re-invent the wheel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh im building a hillclimber and the pipes i got with the motor are wrong for it. i will be customizing them so all i need is them to bolt to the engine

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The 929/954 headers are titanium so modifying them could be expensive.
If it helps I can tell you the 929/954 ports are at 80mm centres.
I would think the angle of the cylinders is more upright on the 900 as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
titanium really?? huh. i was just wondering if they bolt up because i know a guy that will sell a complete stock 954 exhaust for 40 bucks. i would be cutting off the collector and seperating the pipes so angle and hieght dont matter as long as the flange will individually bolt to the studs.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The angle matters. If the bottom fouls against the sump you won't get the flanges to bolt up and if you plan to straighten the pipes to suit it'd probably make more sense to start from scratch.
They're titanium but not especially light as they're quite thick compared to a titanium race system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts