Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which brand of exhaust is the best for a 954. I have a Jardine on it now, and looking to change to something else but i want the best.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Love my Hindle full system. Heard great things about Akrapovic and Micron also, though I think most people would agree that the Micron end cans look ugly. Are you looking for a full system or just a slip-on?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a full Hindle as well. I love the way it cracks when you are deceleratiing from high RPM's. I was also considering changing mine but i dont want to be disatisfied eith anything else i invest in.....

A dealer told me that the 954 didnt have many full exhaust options. Let us know what you decide to do...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I dont think that there is a best exhaust for many bikes. I think that it all depends on mapping and weather as far as the most output the pipe helps the bike make. On top of that most of it is just personal pref. Like myself, i like Jardine, Tsukigi, Sato, and TiForce.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have a Micron on mine atm, its not the loudest and probs not the best in giving you bhp but i love it.

I would say get a full system, akro sounds good.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ive got a blue flame race exhaust on mine sounds nice. although i'm thinking of changing to a carbon akro. i've been told they seem to produce good figures when just the cans been replaced.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think the best thing I like about my Hindle is that there isn't a riveted plate or anything on the end can like on Yosh pipes...and I can just take the sticker off and make it look like stock. Around here, with LE sometimes handing out fix-it tickets just for having a different can on there, that's a really good thing.

As far as the Akrapovic cans go, the best thing I can recommend is to shop around for it and see who can get you the best deal. Internet shops might get you a better price, but if you have any problems with the can, a retail shop with good customer service can't be beat if you need to return it or anything along those lines. Of course, I'm kinda spoiled...I work at CycleGear. I know there's one in Smyrna, but I don't know if there's one in your area or not.

·
Registered
833 Posts
BurnsToughFord,

Sorry man, you asked me this a couple months back too. I have it tuned, but the map was on my old laptop, and I don't have the cord or the software for my PCIIIr anymore. So no way to retrieve the map.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ah no prob, i just keep trolling around the forums when i see hindle i ask...sorry... hopefully i will be able to get my own custom tune this summer...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts