Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hello everyone , me again , the blade doesn’t get out much but when she does she’s awesome , trouble is now she seems to have lost some power in 5th / 6th ???? 1st to 4th she flies , yet 5th n 6th she just sits there , 6th is all but useless ? I’m lost to why , she was ok one night and the next , she was not . Anything obvious before I sent her off to be checked . No fault lights at present

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That is very odd. The ECU does not know what gear you are in so it would not be directly connected to the gear, so it can only be that it's not making enough power to pull the higher gears so likely to be fuel or air. Perhaps FPR is leaking, or something. Hope you sort it and let us know the outcome!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello , the latest update I can give whilst it’s raining horizontal is that the lock wired exhaust valve has become loose , it can rotate by around 10mm , so will fix that n try again

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success , I completely removed that exhaust valve guts and she’s back to pulling like a train once more , even in today’s 50 plus winds and strong gusts . Well chuffed I can ya , there’s a small flat spot around 6k and then she’s off like a rocket . Lovely jubbly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts