Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi few days ago i had the blade running in the garage went to it yesterday and it just turned over wouldnt fire up. There doesnt seem to be anything different on the clocks, and i can run the pump directly off the battery, but still wont start?? The relays click when conected to battery, all connections seem ok and i never touched anything to upset anything bike is fitted with HISS reallt scratching my head at this 1 and hate the thought of leaving it into bike shop and getting a bill! thanks in advance Jason

·
Registered
43 Posts
fuel, air or spark! My thoughts:

My friend had a similar issue and it was the in-line fuse to his fuel pump.
The pump also has a relay (if I remember correctly) that could be impaired. If you hardwired the pump and the pump turned on it would lead me to believe it was electrical.
Faulty run switch on the handlebars? disconnect it.
tilt sensor
side stand switch

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi few days ago i had the blade running in the garage went to it yesterday and it just turned over wouldnt fire up. There doesnt seem to be anything different on the clocks, and i can run the pump directly off the battery, but still wont start?? The relays click when conected to battery, all connections seem ok and i never touched anything to upset anything bike is fitted with HISS reallt scratching my head at this 1 and hate the thought of leaving it into bike shop and getting a bill! thanks in advance Jason

Run stop switch? if you have a spare key try that, Are you getting a spark?

·
Registered
78 Posts
first things first...Take some starting fluid and spray it into the intake and try and fire it up. If it starts you know its a fuel problem, if it still doesnt start you need to look at your ignition system.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your replys, the cut off switch works as far as it needs to be switched on to turn the bike over.. when i did wire the pump to the battery it still wouldnt start so im thinking theres no spark either or something else is stopping it, is there any way of wiring around the cutoff and were is the tilt switck? cheers Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys sorry too jump on this post but I'm new too this site and just bought my first bike about 3 weeks ago its a 94 cbr 900rr it was running fine for 3 days it would start right up and go but when I was out riding it slowed down and when I hit the throttle it was bogged down then it shut off and won't start it will crank and almost wants to start but just won't make it I heard on a 94 when you turn the key you should hear the fuel pump whine is this true? Thanks for all ur hellp guys!

·
Registered
240 Posts
first things first...Take some starting fluid and spray it into the intake and try and fire it up. If it starts you know its a fuel problem, if it still doesnt start you need to look at your ignition system.
:plus1:

This is the way to go to start fault finding this one.

Plus check plugs, the gaps need to be right!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts