Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats up new to the forum here. its an awesome forum so i had to join in. so on to the topic. ok, now i need your guys help/opinion on this topic. should the 954 be my first bike? i really dig the 954. it looks aggressive, and it sounds so nice. my uncle has one and its an awesome bike. i am not a TOTAL newb btw and i have some mileage under my belt. i actually started on a beaten up kawasaki gto 125. the meter stopped readin at 328,xxx km (204120 miles). so i rode it every single day for about 5-6 hours for a month. i got tired of the bike after one month. i want to use it mostly for commuting and for some fun. i know the power of this bike so im going to respect it with my life. what do u guys suggest?:hmm:

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you have a lot of experience riding a bike you might be ok. Most of the trouble with a newbee on a big bike is that they not familar with the controls. This allows them to forget about the need to control the power. If you do try to ride a 954, do not ride more than 5 feet in first gear. You need to shift into second gear just after you get rolling. These bikes have way too much power for a newbee to be used in first gear (and even for some of us). First gear can be real jumpy and just hitting a bump the wrong way could turn your wrist and make the bike jerk or wheelie.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
hey guys whats up new to the forum here. its an awesome forum so i had to join in. so on to the topic. ok, now i need your guys help/opinion on this topic. should the 954 be my first bike? i really dig the 954. it looks aggressive, and it sounds so nice. my uncle has one and its an awesome bike. i am not a TOTAL newb btw and i have some mileage under my belt. i actually started on a beaten up kawasaki gto 125. the meter stopped readin at 328,xxx km (204120 miles). so i rode it every single day for about 5-6 hours for a month. i got tired of the bike after one month. i want to use it mostly for commuting and for some fun. i know the power of this bike so im going to respect it with my life. what do u guys suggest?:hmm:
Firstly, G'day & :welcome: . Secondly the 954, or any litre bike for that matter, have to be teated with respect and caution because they will bite you on the @rse if you don't. I have been riding for nearly 37 years, been riding 954's for the last 7 years, and these big capacity bikes still scare the bejesus out of me at some time or another if I zigg when I should of zagged if you know what I mean. Ridden carefully and sensibly they are a lot of fun, but remember, don't get carried away with the moment. They bite HARD.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 954 and it is a real terror,i ride my friends cbr1000 05 and it feels easier to ride less aggro.maybe its just me,dont know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a lot of experience riding a bike you might be ok. Most of the trouble with a newbee on a big bike is that they not familar with the controls. This allows them to forget about the need to control the power. If you do try to ride a 954, do not ride more than 5 feet in first gear. You need to shift into second gear just after you get rolling. These bikes have way too much power for a newbee to be used in first gear (and even for some of us). First gear can be real jumpy and just hitting a bump the wrong way could turn your wrist and make the bike jerk or wheelie.

yeah once i went out with my uncle and his friends to go out riding. we went to this one road where he would drag race all of his friends on his 954. so i just got bored watchin them race over n over again :rotfl:. so he comes up to me and hes like do u wanna ride the 954? i was like heel naaw im too scared of the bike. hes like just respect the bike and ur good to go. so i got on, put it in first gear and i went off. as soon as i got up to like 25 km i immediately shifted to 6th gear. i held the clutch and i went slowly down the road. the road was 5-6 miles long. i rode the bike but i was too scared of it so i shifted it to the last gear. the fastest i went was 65 mph on it (100 km/h) since it was a straight road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Firstly, G'day & :welcome: . Secondly the 954, or any litre bike for that matter, have to be teated with respect and caution because they will bite you on the @rse if you don't. I have been riding for nearly 37 years, been riding 954's for the last 7 years, and these big capacity bikes still scare the bejesus out of me at some time or another if I zigg when I should of zagged if you know what I mean. Ridden carefully and sensibly they are a lot of fun, but remember, don't get carried away with the moment. They bite HARD.;)
yeah i no dude this bike has ridiculous power. my uncle showed me what this bike can do and i was scared shitless lmfao. i almost puked when he first gave me a ride on it. :rotfl:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a 954 and it is a real terror,i ride my friends cbr1000 05 and it feels easier to ride less aggro.maybe its just me,dont know?
i thought the 1krr was more aggressive due to the seat being more smaller. dk i heard that the 1krr is more uncomfortable then the 954.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first bike was a 954 that has full exhaust and 1up on the back one down on the front, and the first week I had it I hardly slept at night cause it scared me so bad. I never regret getting it, but I was riding a r6 yesterday and it did feel alot more comfy. The 954 is not a starter bike, but for me there was no other bike that I would rather own.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I first got my 954 I would literally tell myself "It'll buck you off in a heartbeat". I did this whenever that little devil on my shoulder started to take control of my throttle hand. Kind of corny but it kept me in check while I learned the nature of the bike. Just respect the CC!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I first got my 954 I would literally tell myself "It'll buck you off in a heartbeat". I did this whenever that little devil on my shoulder started to take control of my throttle hand. Kind of corny but it kept me in check while I learned the nature of the bike. Just respect the CC!!
dude my legs were shaking when i was ridin the beast . u dont know how scared i was:crying: this bike has so much power its out of this world

check out this guy. hes actually my dads good ol friend. hes been riding for over 30 years and more than half of those years he would wheelie on his 125. one time he crashed into a bus while doing a wheelie and had to get a wire jaw and some stitches:eek:. well see this vid and see how much balls this guy has :evilaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2F8wsMK-Jc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts