Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just swaped the rear wheel with a rc51 sp-2 5 spoke wheel but does anyone know if the front is a direct swap or which 5 or 6 spoke wheel is a direct swap to a 03 954

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i just swaped the rear wheel with a rc51 sp-2 5 spoke wheel but does anyone know if the front is a direct swap or which 5 or 6 spoke wheel is a direct swap to a 03 954
You'd have to replace the bearings, seals and spacer to fit the 25mm axle.
Discs are the same pattern.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok this is for the rc wheel your talking about and the parts are they the ones i currently have in the 954 wheel

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ok this is for the rc wheel your talking about and the parts are they the ones i currently have in the 954 wheel
Yes, the RC wheel is what you asked about.
The bearings would probably fit but I'd recommend new bearings - they're not expensive.
The bearing spacer I would expect to fit but measure it to be sure. If it's too short the bearings will bind and if it's too long the bearings won't fit fully into each side of the wheel. You could make some shims to go into the wheel under the bearings if the spacer is longer than you need but I probably wouldn't shim the spacer if it's too short.
If you can get somebody to measure the width of the bearings in each of the wheels that'll tell you the spacer length without having to disassemble them. You could alternatively make the RC axle fit the 954 forks but I'd have to look at what that would involve.
With all modfications I always recommend taking your own measurements before spending your money regardless of what anybody (including me) tells you will work. It's your money and only you know how much fabrication you're comfortable with.

·
Registered
511 Posts
is there any performance benefit to this swap or is this just cosmetic or replacement necessity? i wouldve thought the 954 wheels are lighter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
replacing b/c i allready got a rc51 on rear due to a necessity now wanting to match the front to rear also i like the 5 spoke better than trispoke

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
is there any performance benefit to this swap or is this just cosmetic or replacement necessity? i wouldve thought the 954 wheels are lighter?
From another thread the 954 front wheel is around 200gms lighter than the RC51 wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts