Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the outer edge of the gas cap and the tank there is a gap that is open to the air. Rain can actually go in that gap and funnel down to the drain hole into the tank. I looked to see if there was a gasket missing but it seems there is not. The cap and the bolts are all there is to it. Is it broken? Can I fix it or do I have to buy a new cap ?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Between the outer edge of the gas cap and the tank there is a gap that is open to the air. Rain can actually go in that gap and funnel down to the drain hole into the tank. I looked to see if there was a gasket missing but it seems there is not. The cap and the bolts are all there is to it. Is it broken? Can I fix it or do I have to buy a new cap ?

The drain runs through the tank and vents to the ground.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. So that is not open to the fuel. Also, don't spill any fuel when you fill you tank. I went and looked and saw it in about 1 sec. I am not as dumb as I appear to be most of the time. And the fact that two of the dummy screws are missing means nothing. Good.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Also, don't spill any fuel when you fill you tank. I went and looked and saw it in about 1 sec. I am not as dumb as I appear to be most of the time. And the fact that two of the dummy screws are missing means nothing. Good.
Don't go filling it up right to the neck either. Best to stop an inch or two below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts