Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I must have the worst luck. I went down into the parkade after work a few minutes ago and started up my bike. I just about finished putting my gear on and noticed a steady drip coming down from below the stator cover. So I shut the bike off and the leak stopped.
It probably dropped about a cocktail glass of gas in the minute it was running.

I filled the bike up a couple nights ago and drove about 15kms to the parkade from the gas station. I looked in the gas tank and there is way less gas in there than 15kms from a full tank. What is going on? :idunno:

I haven't had the tank off or done anything mechanically to the bike since I got it. I'm positive no one's messed with it.

2 repairs in 2 weeks. Freakin Honda! :rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Maybe you just over-filled it at your last gas station stop :idunno: . This happened to me once, and I figured it was because I filled the tank too full and it was simply going into the overflow. I'll bet your problem goes away soon ;) .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bacchus said:
Maybe you just over-filled it at your last gas station stop :idunno: . This happened to me once, and I figured it was because I filled the tank too full and it was simply going into the overflow. I'll bet your problem goes away soon ;) .
Do you think its safe to ride it until it stops leaking? It's not leaking from the cap which kind of worries me. Is there some kind of overflow or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
"Yes", and "Yes" :D

edit: However, if the gas overflow thing doesn't quit within the next 10 miles, then I would have it looked at.

re-edit: sorry, make that the next 10-20 kilometers :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bacchus said:
"Yes", and "Yes" :D

edit: However, if the gas overflow thing doesn't quit within the next 10 miles, then I would have it looked at.

re-edit: sorry, make that the next 10-20 kilometers :D
So its not weird that it leaks only while its running? :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Correct :D . I experienced the same thing once, and it cleared itself up after a few miles. I really think this is what you have done, but just put a few more miles/kilometers on it and watch for the problem to go away. And like I said, if the problem persists for more than about a liter's worth more of fuel, then take it to someone you trust.

Keep us posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Lift your gas tank and start the bike too see if you can locate where the leak is coming from :thumb: Just to be safe. I wouldnt suspect its a fuel line as those things are red glued and have hose crimps on them from the factory and are a bitch to remove :rant: Keep a fire Extinguisher handy while your bike is running:rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Mangina said:
2 repairs in 2 weeks. Freakin Honda! :rant:
Don't worry, Bacchus is probably right. As for the freaken Honda comment, its not common for Honda to have many problems. So don't second guess your choice in bikes, your 954 will outlast any R1, or GSXR. Unless the previous owner wrecked it or something. Take the plastics off, and prop the tank up a little bit, then run it for 5 minutes while inspecting it with a flashlight and a rag.

I'm sure everything will work out fine. How many miles on the clock anyways? And was it stored in a heated garage this winter? Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bacchus said:
Correct :D . I experienced the same thing once, and it cleared itself up after a few miles. I really think this is what you have done, but just put a few more miles/kilometers on it and watch for the problem to go away. And like I said, if the problem persists for more than about a liter's worth more of fuel, then take it to someone you trust.

Keep us posted!
You were 100% right. I started up the bike, drove 2 blocks, pulled into an empty parking lot, and no leaks. Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Stupid Mangina.

I officially take back my Freakin Honda :rant: , and would like to replace it with Freakin Honda :thumb:

Woo hoooooooooooo !!!!!!
Gotta go batton down the hatches. Big mother thunderstorm coming.
Thanks everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Cool Mangina, glad it worked out for you. Mother Honda knows what is best for us, and has built in "phuck up" factors in her warranty. Glad it was just the same mistake that I once made. :thumb:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top