Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of mileage you guys get on a tank of gas? At what point does your gas light come on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I get 100-130 miles before the light goes on, depending on how hard I am on the throttle. At the track my light goes on at about 40 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebola said:
I get 100-130 miles before the light goes on, depending on how hard I am on the throttle. At the track my light goes on at about 40 miles.
So how far can you go after the light comes on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
If you're easy with the throttle, about 25 miles, but that's pushing it. :shocked:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I get about 130, but I'm still in the breakin period, so i imagine that will go down :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
I get around 220km (about 130mi)before the light comes on from my 929.

I've had 260 out of the tank but the light was burning for a while, I was relieved when I found a fuel station coming up.

got 17.8L into the 18L tank :eek:


Ben.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,599 Posts
I got consistent ~141mpt before reserve, and tested the reserve to 36m before I ran dry. On an all-highway trip, I'd comfortably get 170-175mpt, even though I was running a rich PCIII map.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So when I was driving last night with about 160 km on a tank and started panicking, I was just being a little bitch? Oh well. Anyone know how a higher altitude affects mileage, if it does at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Mangina said:
So when I was driving last night with about 160 km on a tank and started panicking, I was just being a little bitch? Oh well. Anyone know how a higher altitude affects mileage, if it does at all?
Chill out, brotha. It's called sarcasm. No one called you a bitch - or any other name for that matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
My light goes on at about 130-135 and usually can find a gas station before it hits 155 - never ran it dry...Did 160 before the light came out on an all out highway drive from Miami to Daytona
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Chain said:
Chill out, brotha. It's called sarcasm. No one called you a bitch - or any other name for that matter.
That was my sarcasm too. Looks like the sarcasm's got tangled. I like calling my self little bitch anyways. And anyone who wants to call me names, just Giver !! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
With my full Hindle and PCIII(w/custom map) I get to around 140-150 before my light comes on. I for one have not tested to see how much further it is till you push.

Dano
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Mangina said:
That was my sarcasm too. Looks like the sarcasm's got tangled. I like calling my self little bitch anyways. And anyone who wants to call me names, just Giver !! :thumb:
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
I have a 929, and in less than a 100 miles,my fuel light is on.Scroll down the page and read some other threads on gas mileage,abtech mentions that in race trim ,the 929 gets about 6mpg.You would think honda being the "clean emissions company"would get better mileage,I guess fuel mileage and low emissions don't go hand in hand.I'm glad I didn't buy this bike expecting good mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jafo said:
I have a 929, and in less than a 100 miles,my fuel light is on.Scroll down the page and read some other threads on gas mileage,abtech mentions that in race trim ,the 929 gets about 6mpg.You would think honda being the "clean emissions company"would get better mileage,I guess fuel mileage and low emissions don't go hand in hand.I'm glad I didn't buy this bike expecting good mileage.
6mpg? Thats brutal. I figured mine out and it was about 32 mpg (all city driving). Not too bad I think.

A little sidenote. WTF is up with gas prices? 12 litres of premium for 10 bucks. :mad:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top