Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gauge lights don't work on my bike. Are they fixable? I don't want to give the gauges up because the bike only has 700 miles. Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
tailgunn said:
My gauge lights don't work on my bike. Are they fixable? I don't want to give the gauges up because the bike only has 700 miles. Thanks.
Take it back to the shop and have them fix it under warranty................

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the 2nd owner; the first one crashed the bike. The crash was mostly cosmetic but I don't know if that's the cause, so if they realize that it's been wrecked... they'll probably tell me to shove off.
Also, I just talked to my shop and asked them if it could be fixed and they said they didn't think so; the innards are a unit and not fixable. But, since I tend not to trust dealers, I thought I'd ask around before I accepted that fate.

·
Registered
252 Posts
tailgunn said:
I am the 2nd owner; the first one crashed the bike. The crash was mostly cosmetic but I don't know if that's the cause, so if they realize that it's been wrecked... they'll probably tell me to shove off.
Also, I just talked to my shop and asked them if it could be fixed and they said they didn't think so; the innards are a unit and not fixable. But, since I tend not to trust dealers, I thought I'd ask around before I accepted that fate.

Don't know but they might be able to look and replace the lights :idunno:

http://www.bluegauges.com/motorcycle/954.htm

·
Registered
210 Posts
tailgunn said:
As long as the bike is less than 1 year old (from date of initial purchase), the factory warranty should fix that, no matter if it was wrecked or not. Now if the bike was written of and totaled by the insurance agency, that may be grounds to deny any warranty claims.

Ebay has guages on there on a semi-regular basis too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
ON MY R6 I COULD GO IN AND REPLACE THE GAUGE LIGHT BULBS, THEY WERE LITTLE PEANUT BULBS BUT IT COULD BE DONE, I'VE CRASHED THAT R6 MANY A TIME DOING SLOW WHEELIES................AFTER ONE CRASH ALL THE LIGHTS WERE OUT, YAMAHA CHARGED LIKE A DOLLAR A BULB, ABOUT 8 BUCKS TOTAL.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check ebay I seen a few gauges earlier today. I'm always checking ebay for alot of parts.

The 954 you can get just the circuit board, and top and bottom cover. I have to contact somebody at a dealership that wants to take the time and look and get you a price. I needed the top and bottom cover for mine thats' how I found out.

If your having problems email me at [email protected] attn: WJ

I'm a parts manager for a performance shop.

later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts