Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know on the 929 you had to buy the shift lever off the VFR. Try to search for it on here you should be able to get the part #. I think it was under $20 at the dealer and took 5 min to swap out.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
get one from a vfr800. works like a charm. I used t o run one on my bike before I got rearsets.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm afraid to ask, in case a dumb question, but alas, I will!
" Reverse the shift " ?
Normal is 1-6 up, so it can go 1-6 down?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, technically its up to first, then down to sixth, but yes. The VFR shifter eliminates the linkage from the stock 954 rearset and attaches directly to the shifter rod.

·
Registered
833 Posts
What year of VFR800? I've got a 99. Last time I looked at it, the VFR800 shift lever attaches directly to the gear spindle. Everyone who has done this mod, does it make a difference in foot position compared to the right side?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Foot positions remains the same. You don't actually move the rearset. All you do is take off the shift rod and shifter. Replace it with the VFR shift lever connected directly to the gear spindle. You can leave the rearset as is or you can put spacers in place of the original shift lever.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Foot positions remains the same. You don't actually move the rearset. All you do is take off the shift rod and shifter. Replace it with the VFR shift lever connected directly to the gear spindle. You can leave the rearset as is or you can put spacers in place of the original shift lever.
Okay, so that's real freaking cool and everything. But now I have another question...so how do I do reverse shift on my VFR now?!

·
Registered
226 Posts
why the hell is this the best single mod to a sportbike??? I could understand if it came with a huge sticker to up the hp, but seriously, riding on the street when do you ride hard enough that you have to shift in a turn and can't because your that low. I don't think so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts