Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I discovered the dreaded 954 headshake that I've heard so much about. I was out carving up some corners yesterday getting some decent lean on the new tires. When exiting a turn after the apex with some throttle I started getting some pretty significant headshake. It happened about 3 times on my ride. Each time, I just backed off the throttle and it settled back down.

I started thinking about what could be causing it, and I thought maybe its due to the rear end squatting a bit and lifting weight off the front tire....does this sound plausible to you? Would stiffening up my suspension most likely solve this issue or could it be something else? I know getting a steering damper would help a lot, but I would rather fix this if possible rather than mask it.

What is it about the 954 that makes it prone to headshake?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,
Ive got a 954. It seems to 'shake its head' a bit when I am accelerating out of a corner (really accelerating) and I put it down to being a light bike, with a short wheelbase, lifting its wheel a tad then coming down not quite square. Haven't had any that have worried me, though increasing throttle might help more than backing it off.

If its happening a bit, might want to check tire pressures, suspension and then if everything else is right, a dampener.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts