Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 02 954 problem.

Last night on the way home from a ride the thing quit on me doing about 85 on the freeway,pulled the clutch in and started to pull over and it suddenly just fires right up. So I keep going and when I get to the tool booth and stop it dies,takes about five pushes of the starter button and then fires. About 5 minutes down the road it feels like it wants to quit but it doesn't feels like it just cuts out for a second and it jerks you forward and then is fine for a little while and then will do it again. Get it home after a couple more episodes of the feeling like it wants to quit and park it.

Fire it up this morning and take it for a spin and the same thing happens even shut off at a light but fired right back up.

No FI light came on, no smoke and it sounds and rides the same other then the cutting out and stalling... Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Most likely an intermittent connection somewhere. Start with the battery connections and go from there...:idunno:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got it. The plug with the single red wire that runs beside the battery wasn't connected all the way...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts