Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so I've scoured the forums hoping to find a solution, but no luck so far.

I just bought a fireblade 954, and the hi beams didn't work, so I'm thinking that won't be a big deal to fix.

Well as it turns out, it is becoming a headache, I tried buy new bulbs, checked the relay, and I can hear it click when I push the switch, I even tried to swap it with one of the other relays back there, and nothing.

I put the probes on my multimeter into the two slots in the bulb socket, and I get like 1 volt, so that doesn't seem right, but I'm also not sure what it means

My main headlight still works fine, and all my other lights on the bike are good. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello everyone, so I've scoured the forums hoping to find a solution, but no luck so far.

I just bought a fireblade 954, and the hi beams didn't work, so I'm thinking that won't be a big deal to fix.

Well as it turns out, it is becoming a headache, I tried buy new bulbs, checked the relay, and I can hear it click when I push the switch, I even tried to swap it with one of the other relays back there, and nothing.

I put the probes on my multimeter into the two slots in the bulb socket, and I get like 1 volt, so that doesn't seem right, but I'm also not sure what it means

My main headlight still works fine, and all my other lights on the bike are good. Any advice would be appreciated.
It’s worth a try, the ground block likes to short out. It’s under the seat, around the ecm. It’s a ground block. Several greens going in, nothing coming out. My 954 would not start because of this. Check it!?

·
Registered
2003 CBR954RR
40 Posts
I also have a 954 - but not your problem. I also have a V-Strom, which had this problem.
Therefore, this is a complete flyer...
The V-Strom has a switch in the bar assembly which cuts the main beam when the starter is engaged, and reinstates when released (to save the battery). The contacts can become corroded/dirty causing the switch to stay permanently disengaged. A symptom could be laboured starting as the whole circuit tends to get manky.
If you decide this might be it - don't forget to put a large cloth under the handlebar assembly as there are lots of little bits which can shoot out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have my main beam, and it goes on and off with the starter just fine. I'm feeling somewhat confident that it's a bad ground somewhere in the circuit, but I haven't had the time to check yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts