Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was bored and had an HID kit from my car laying around and decided to trow it in the bike. I wired it and mounted the ballast etc. Looks great except for the part where the bulb wobbles in the mounting because it doesnt have the adapter plug on the back from the stock bulb. Does anybody know if they make an adapter for it or if I'm going to have to make one up myself. I see kits that say plug and play in 954 so it makes me think there are adapters out there

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
So I was bored and had an HID kit from my car laying around and decided to trow it in the bike. I wired it and mounted the ballast etc. Looks great except for the part where the bulb wobbles in the mounting because it doesnt have the adapter plug on the back from the stock bulb. Does anybody know if they make an adapter for it or if I'm going to have to make one up myself. I see kits that say plug and play in 954 so it makes me think there are adapters out there
You can probably make a clip with a paperclip but getting a 954 specific kit would be better. ddm tuning has cheap kits. I think we have H7 bulbs.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can probably make a clip with a paperclip but getting a 954 specific kit would be better. ddm tuning has cheap kits. I think we have H7 bulbs.
thanks, but I have the bulb ballast and everything already set up, I'm just curious if the kits from DDM or anybody else come with any sort of spacer or anything. But I do like the DDM kits, I have their 55w kit in my low beams on my car. If it wasn't for the fact that I had an extra kit, I would have used them again

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question, how hot of a bulb can you put into a 97 Honda CBR900rr? I know from the factory it calls for the 45/45w bulbs. But when I ordered bulbs off e-bay I received this H4 9003 HB2 12V 100/90W Ultra Blue Bulb Kit. So I was wondering if they will work in my bike. The company that makes them states that;
The Ultra Blue H4 bulbs specifications are:
· 12V 100/90W
· 50% more brighter than WHITE H4 100/90W bulbs
· No Overheat (Wiring is protected)
· Easy Installation: Plug and Play
· No modification required
· These bulbs will works on any vehicle (Car, MotorCycle etc.) that uses H4 style bulbs
So before I put in a hotter bulb I want to know if it will melt the lens and if the wiring will handle it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts