Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I tried searching this forum and others relating to this issue but received mixed results. I'll try to post as much info as possible and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have recently purchase a set of hids for my 954 (all three beams). Dropped them in all plug and play. I did not use a relay harness as I never had to with any of my previous bikes. I purchased the Kensun brand hids because I've had great success with them in the past.

Here's the problem.The high beams continuously flicker. Eventually the battery drains and dies. Flickering goes away once the rpms are high. Usually highway riding.

To eliminate some of the possibilities, I've already started the season on a fresh Yuasa battery, rectifier and stator.

I took out the high beam hids and replaced with regular bulbs. Charged the battery on the tender overnight. So far so good, but looks kind of tacky.

Any ideas on what can be done here? Will the relay harness solve the problem? Higher performance battery? Forget hids all together?

Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
43 Posts
It sounds like the voltage drop through the OEM headlight wires is too big for the HIDs. In that case, the relay harness will fix the problem. I've never run HIDs without a relay, actually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts