Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a Hi mount Hindle on my 929 - but haven't ridden it yet. Looking at the pictures of other 929s with the 929 hi mount I'm now a little concerned about melting the rear cowl- the pipe looks nice and it's all tucked up neatly but I dont' want to have the rear cowl deform from heat coming off the can.

the can sits about 20mm away from the plastics should I be worried? if someone else has done this with no ill-effects then I'll be happy to leave it as is. I've got the aluminum can so I 'd imagine it would get fairly hot as compared to CF.

Cheers

Ben.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fl-929 said:
It's not a problem. I have had my Hindle for a while and have never had any problems nor have I ever heard anything like that happening. :thumb:
excellent :)

did your pillion footpeg go on Ok with the 954 kit? I've had to use the longest spacer for the can only, if I put it all on as it should be the pipe sits pretty much hard against the bodywork.

the 929 hi mount footpeg kit seems to attach the can in a slightly different way to the 954 one.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease about not melting the bodywork ;)

Ben

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Oops, I guess I didn't read your title correctly. I have a 929 hindle not a 954 (although I didn't know there wa a difference). Do you have your exhaust installed? If so post a pic.

I can't help you with the footpegs though as I do not have them attached.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh righto,

it definitely sits closer and higher than the 929 mount one does, hence my concern.

the footpeg bracket for the 929 one looks different somehow too and holds the can away from the bodywork by another 20mm compared to where mine is sitting at the moment.

I'll keep searching ;)

has anyone got a 954 Hi mount on a 929? or is it just me?

I've got the system on the bike but my digi camera is dicking around at the moment so I'll have to borrow a camera from someone before I can get a pic to you guys.

Might bite the bullet and buy a lo mount mid pipe, or see of someone wants to swap a lo mount for a high mount...

Ben.

Cheers

Ben.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't have a 954 high mount on a 929, but I do have one on a 954. It sits very close to the plastics, but I've never had a problem with it. I had over 13,000 miles on my old 954 with the same system. I've had both the Titanium and Carbon Fiber cans, so I can't tell you how the Aluminum will do.

Rick

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks K9, maybe that's just the way the 954 one sits then,

have you got a photo showing the gap between the plastics and can by chance?

is it around half an inch? if that's the case then I should be alroght.

my plastics are in perfect condition at the moment, I'd hate to screw them up now

Ben.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I have the aluminium can on the high mount on my 954, no problems with heat damaging plastics.................................................................................

Not yet anyway

:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
BlueToy said:
thanks K9, maybe that's just the way the 954 one sits then,

have you got a photo showing the gap between the plastics and can by chance?

is it around half an inch? if that's the case then I should be alroght.

my plastics are in perfect condition at the moment, I'd hate to screw them up now

Ben.
Here are some of the pictures I have showing the gap.

Rick

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a new low mount midpipe for a 954 that I haven't mounted yet. Would be willing to trade for the hi mount mid pipe. Don't know if shipping would be too costly??? Let me know if youre interested.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had another play around with the pipe last night and managed to space it away from the bodywork a bit further, it now sits around the same distance as the 954 can sits from the 954 bodywork.

I'll leave it like that for the time being and see how I fare, start with a few short journeys and monitor the temperature of the plastics, if it starts getting to be a problem I'll let you guys know re swapping.

Pics are coming once I borrow a camera.

Cheers

Ben.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts