Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the moment I turn of my bike the HISS led in the dash starts blinking on and off. Is this normal ? I've never noticed it before. When the key is turned to on the led goes out.

With my old 600F it was the other way round. The led went on when you turned the key and went out after several seconds (when it recognized the key I would guess) .

I can't find any additional information on the real meaning of this led (like when it should blink and what it means then etc...)

Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats completely normal mate. mine does the exact same thing. however if i leave it for longer than around 24 hours without starting it the LED stops flashing to conserve battery life. Its just there to act as a deterent like an alarm light.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You can turn the mode off if you like as well, so the red light won't flash for 24 hours (3s intervals) when the bike is off.

To Alter the Blinking Function
1) Turn the ignition switch ON.
2) While pressing the right control button, simeltaneously press the left control button. The clock will be set in the adjust mode with the minute display flashing.
3) Turn the ignition OFF within 10 seconds.

So yeah, you can do that to turn it off/on etc if you like as well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
ConqSoft said:
The US versions don't have it.
Ahh, cheers Cong .. you learn something new every day! You mean they don't have HISS at all, or just the red light? Seems pretty weird if they didn't have the system in place, since it's quite a big security feature.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i believe they dont have the system at all
if u look at one of their tacho's theres no red LED also above their ignition it doesnt say HISS like our ones.
we're just blessed :cool:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
SouLJahz said:
i believe they dont have the system at all
if u look at one of their tacho's theres no red LED also above their ignition it doesnt say HISS like our ones.
we're just blessed :cool:
you're blessed by having your bikes stolen so much that they needed to put a factory theft detterent on there? :huh:

·
Registered
469 Posts
CBR929RE said:
you're blessed by having your bikes stolen so much that they needed to put a factory theft detterent on there? :huh:
Yup, I'm living proof. I just post here in memory of my blade :(

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
CBR929RE said:
Yes, coz I never see ANY Americans post about having their bikes stolen. Ever.

Z...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FuTAnT said:
You can turn the mode off if you like as well, so the red light won't flash for 24 hours (3s intervals) when the bike is off.

To Alter the Blinking Function
1) Turn the ignition switch ON.
2) While pressing the right control button, simeltaneously press the left control button. The clock will be set in the adjust mode with the minute display flashing.
3) Turn the ignition OFF within 10 seconds.

So yeah, you can do that to turn it off/on etc if you like as well.
hehe ok thanks ! It seems to work.

I was asking this question because I did not saw the led flashing before last night. But yesterday I did mess a bit with the time and trip meter so I guess I put it in the on mode accidentaly.

but its ok now :)

thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks FuTAnt for the information on how to turn the HISS on and off.
I went to adjust my clock time and fell into the trap of no HISS Led when the key was removed.
All sorted now! TA

·
Registered
3 Posts
and what is it for . I mean is it useful like alarm cuz I removed the key and start shaking the bike and nothing happened a siren or any thing related to safety
Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
and what is it for . I mean is it useful like alarm cuz I removed the key and start shaking the bike and nothing happened a siren or any thing related to safety
Thanks

No, HISS is only an annoying immobiliser.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts