Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm new here and need some help. My 954 didn't come with the owners manual when I bought it, so I need to know what all the functions on the instrument panel are and how to use them.
I stumbled across a mileage readout on the weekend and I can't get it back up...
Any help would be great.
Cheers

·
Registered
347 Posts
this may sound like a really lame reply, but being someone in the same boat of no manual, it will get you going. first off, forget setting the clock. i have been givin specific instructions, and it seems like some can be set and some not. after numerous attempts, i wear a watch. other than that, play with the buttons and you will figure out how to re-set the tripometer, and you can jog between mph/kph. other than that i haven't seen the need for anything else. have fun and be safe, the bike's a monster.:welcome:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hold both buttons simultaneously down and the clock will start blinking... then it's one of the buttons to change the number up, and the other to switch to minutes. To swtich between A and B tripmeters, press the first button and the tripmeter will alternate between the two. To toggle between miles and kilometers, press the second button for a moment and it will toggle between the two. Off ya go... and that was off the top of my head sitting at panera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
I had figured out most of the basics just through trial and error, but I can't seem to get that mileage readout back up. I'm in Australia, so the readout I'm talking about is the km/l readout in the bottom left of the panel.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks guys,
I had figured out most of the basics just through trial and error, but I can't seem to get that mileage readout back up. I'm in Australia, so the readout I'm talking about is the km/l readout in the bottom left of the panel.
Thanks again.
Are you trying to go back and forth between Km and mph? Press the second button for a moment. It'll toggle between the two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you trying to go back and forth between Km and mph? Press the second button for a moment. It'll toggle between the two.
No, I just want to be able to see the km/l reading in the bottom left corner. I saw it flash up briefly when I reset the trip meter, but I can't get it back up now - it's just blank.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No, I just want to be able to see the km/l reading in the bottom left corner. I saw it flash up briefly when I reset the trip meter, but I can't get it back up now - it's just blank.
ah.. that must be something that you guys have down there. There's nothing on our speedometers in that location here in the US.:idunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah.. that must be something that you guys have down there. There's nothing on our speedometers in that location here in the US.:idunno:
Thanks N23.
I'll have another crack at it later and see if I can stumble across it again.
:huh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts