Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 954 in December and I've been loving it. But it seems to have some problem with fuel or fuel system. Sometimes the bike runs like it's out of gas, I don't know how else to descibe it (no it's not out of gas) It has "episodes" of sputtering sometimes dying while I've got the throttle anywhere from 1/4-3/4 it's never done this when I've got the throttle 3/4-wide open. It especially happens when the throttle is held at the same position for an extended period say 20min and when decelerating in gear
I don't know if this is the problem but I had to fill up at a pretty shitty gas station out in BFE the first time I took it out for some twisties, all they had was 87 octane, I first noticed the problem after I filled up at that place and the problem seemed to get better when I put some B12 Chemtool in the gas, but the problem is still there.
Any help would be great.:huh:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Drain out the tank and fill up with some fresh juice... I cant speak about octains as we only get unleaded or super unleaded in the UK. Does sound like shitty fuel though.

Failing that it could be any number of diffrent things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts