Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a slip-on for my 954 and was looking at Micron. Does anyone have one on there bike? If so how do you like it and hows the sound.

·
Registered
960 Posts
cyprus said:
I want to get a slip-on for my 954 and was looking at Micron. Does anyone have one on there bike? If so how do you like it and hows the sound.
Yes I do. It sounds pretty good but I haven't compared it to a 954
with anything else on except stock. It sounds better than stock but
it doesn't do anything noticeable performance-wise. It is also a lot
smaller than that huge titanium tube Honda make.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am thinking about getting the titanium oval race. Did you guys order yours online? Any suggestions as to where to order from?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
One of the site sponsors would be the go. Depends on where you are. For the 954 I'd be looking at Micron also. Only muffler I've seen give ANY h.p on its own., but it's only right up top.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friend has an akrapovic and i think that is a little too loud. Are Micron's that loud?
Yes cal-sportbike has Micron but they are high priced, about $420

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm still a fan of the Erion slip-on. Docile until you rev hard, then nicely loud but never obnoxious. I can't comment on any HP gains but it does benefit from PCIII mapping in terms of smoothing out the torque curve. I bought mine directly from Erion Racing and got a 10% discount for being a HRCA member.

The only negative is that the Erion slip-on does feel heavier than the stock pipe, but thats probably becuase the stock pipe is titanium and the Erion is Aluminum.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'd bet the Aluminium Micron will still be lighter than the Ti stock muffler. But I have no idea the price for Micron gear over there, so I don't know if $420 is expensive or not. Try e,mailing them and see what they'll do for forum members.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No the Akra is louder but in pitch. The micron sounds alot deeper. Thats what i noticed when comparing with my mates akra

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The Microns are pretty loud, but more "crackly" if you like, the Akra's tend to get a wierd "buzz" sound in them through some rpm ranges.

·
Registered
100 Posts
cornfedwhitey: that looks awsome on the bike!! Are you happy with the sound?? I have a D&D on mine and hate the sound but it matches the bike so well I don't wanna sell it until i saw yours.

I bought my 954 with the D&D on it, just under 3rpms it gets this deep ass tone that drives me crazy is this due to the exhaust valve thingy that i been reading about? Does anyother exhaust I get bolt right on or will i need to mod. anything??any help would be great!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
all "slipons" for the 954 BOLT ON, just like your D&D unless it's a half system. Most of the time, where ever the first join in the stock unit is, that is where the replacement pipe will go on and start from etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts