Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are too many for an 03 954?? I was looking for a used one and found one with aprox. 25k. The owner says he maintains it regularly but who knows for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4700 obo. Bike looks decent in the pictures I have seen. I haven't seen the bike in person only talked to the guy. All stock except the for akra exhaust.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
sounds like a fair deal if the body is in good shape.. offer him 4 if you like it in person and see if he bites..

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
My 954RR (2002) has just turned 20,000 - with the valves tapping ever so slightly they will need adjusting - its never been stunted/raced so it will probs go on for a whole lot more

Just check around and see if you can get a better deal or just check the prices - good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
keep looking, My 02 954 just turning over 11000 with way down geared, so really much less miles on it. I had an older bike before with 17000 and it was starting to fall apart. from what i read when you get up around 30000 it is considered a well used bike, just guessing but probably about like 150000 on a car(a good car).

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Bikes can go on forever aslong as you look after it. People think that as soon as you pass the 20,000-30,000 mark the bikes are dead, but i can assure you most are not.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A 2002 or 03 bike with only 25k miles on it? Just ask simple maintenance questions. These bikes hold up like a car. You have to maintain the suspension, have the valaves checked/adjusted and various wear parts replaced. Other than that they will go 100K+ miles. Mine is getting close to 30k, it looks good, I maintain it, and Im about to rebuild the forks and replace the steering head bearings. Anyone that says the bike has too many miles doesnt know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
that is alot of miles on a bike in 4 years, when you test ride it make sure it goes in gear good
Why is that a lot of miles for a bike in four years? I had that on my RC in less than a year. Ran perfectly when it got stollen. These motors can put up with a lot more abuse than cars, and four years for a car, well youre lookin at a lot more than 25k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I will just have to look it over closely and decide whether it is worth the risk. Valve adjustment, suspension stuff and other mantainence things are no problem for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well i bought my 02 954 about 8 month ago with 19,000 on it i payed 4500 bike runs and ride awsome ive already got 21,000 on it know as long as its been taken care of they are awsome bikes..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts