Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I tell what model my '03 954 is? I bought it in Canada and was told its a Euro-blade....but I never realized that until they told me about 10 minutes ago. So I wanna make sure it is a euro-blade or find out what it is......say anywhere on the bike or in manual?

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hellfire666 said:
How can I tell what model my '03 954 is? I bought it in Canada and was told its a Euro-blade....but I never realized that until they told me about 10 minutes ago. So I wanna make sure it is a euro-blade or find out what it is......say anywhere on the bike or in manual?

Thanks

No picture, but it does not say "Fireblade" anywhere on it. Its an '03 and its red/black....black front...red tail.....

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Hellfire666 said:
No picture, but it does not say "Fireblade" anywhere on it. Its an '03 and its red/black....black front...red tail.....
Then you got one of the non-restricted versions that came straight from the HRC factory. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
what are the first 3 numbers (letters) of your vin?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The picture i attached is one of my bike,which was purchased new in North Carolina.It was manufactured in 9/02,with a VIN number that starts with "JH2".The European blades had fireblade on the front instead of CBR.I've never heard of the HRC theory.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
jh2 is from canada, my bike is also from canada and has jh2. It's real great because when you go to the insurance company they enter the vin it comes up as something else so you only have to pay 400 a year for full coverage on a brand new 954!!!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Pete said:
Then you got one of the non-restricted versions that came straight from the HRC factory. Very cool.
Awesome! I must have one of them too!! :mod:

You guys are cruel...

Z...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
2k2954 said:
jh2 is from canada, my bike is also from canada and has jh2. It's real great because when you go to the insurance company they enter the vin it comes up as something else so you only have to pay 400 a year for full coverage on a brand new 954!!!

is that $400 in mass? I wish mine was that much I have full coverage on my 929erion and its like $836 I think a year and thats with me being a step 9 on the bike and getting the discount for taking the MSF course (although it doesn't say anything about that discount on my coverage selections page, maybe thats why I'm a step 9 on the bike and a 12 on my car)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unfortunately,my insurance company is not that dumb.The bike that WE have is nothing more than your average standard issue red/black 2003 954.Straight from HRC? :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
NinerPilot said:
J signifies made in japan, H means Honda, and the 2 stands for something else, but all Japanese made honda bikes start with JH2 if Im not mistaken.
Chris
All US bikes start with JH1, that is why if you can sneak a JH2 (canadian) fireblade into the US they have no clue what it is because the VIN does not match their database. My bike was classified as a SC501, whatever the hell that is, and I paid $400 for coverage in Massachusetts because of this. I went thru a bunch of bullshit with a local dealer on a recall because my vin was JH2 and they only were supposed to do the stearing head recall on JH1 bikes. Welll screw them. I didn't want them touching my bike anyways!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'll have to double check, maybe it is JH1? I know it is different from normal somehow! :idunno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts