Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an 03' 954 looking to do some free performance mods, i just did the flapper mod and looking for others. if you know any please let me know, also i would like to know if anyone knows anything about a tapping noise or weird noise coming from the top end, it only has 2,700 miles on it, and i had the same problem with my f4i.

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
I think you just nailed it bro. The flapper mod is the only "free" mod I can think of. The others cost money. Good luck! :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
the rev limiter mod....

·
Registered
297 Posts
I dont think you should worry about the tapping too much...it seems to be VERY common on all 954s. Mine has done it since i got it, and ive out thousands of miles on it with no problems at all. My dad has an '02 954 as well and it does the exact same thing...and hes had it since it was brand new. :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you did the flapper mod, do you still have a stock air filter or a k&n? How did the bike perform after that? I want to do the mod, but don't want any problems in the long run? Also I would like to do the HTEV eliminator, just don't know enough about it and seems like some people that I read about had a few problems with the servo? w/e that is?

·
Registered
559 Posts
The servo is the motor that controls the HTEV and flapper in your air box. If you leave the servo intact and disconnect the cables from it, then you dont have error codes in your bike as you are "tricking" the ECU into thinking the HTEV and flapper are still under its control. I have also read that the HTEV eliminator only works well if you have a power commander to remap the low and midrange to get the power back you lose from doing just the HTEV elimination.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I was going to say it might be the servo making that noise if the plastic gears are stripped... or you need to adjust your valves... also check the cam chain tensioner...

Sorry on all the things to check but you're kinda vauge on the sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts