Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, you have read the subject line right. As of last weekend, the 929/954 hybrid lives!

Everything started when my 929 motor let go at only 13,000 miles. Not sure if the main bearings failed, or rod bearings, but the motor was junk (haven't cracked it open to exclusively determind the cause). There is another thread in this forum discussing it.

Last Sunday morning the bike came to life and ran. That day I rode it over 150 miles on a group ride with some of the local guys. Initial impressions? The 954 motor is great!
There is a noticable seat of the pants difference for sure! Very smooth and more torque all around. Top end power feels great too.

I am going to get it dynoed after I put a few more miles on it. (The motor had 560 miles on it when I bought it!!!&#33. The
929 dyno graph with Leo 1/2 system is here at my website. Once I hit about 1500-2000 miles I'll hit the dyno again.

I will be doing a full write up on my website for those that are interested. If no one cares, then I won't waste my time

Take care and thanks again!

Mike
2000 Honda CBR929RR 'Hybrid'

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
So when's the bi-turbo going in?

Congrats, that's really cool! So... how about pics and a basic write-up?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sounds interesting..............Even more interesting to me would be to find out how your 929 motor blew out at only 13K

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good deal. I will try and do the website tomorrow night to document the little quirks to doing this swap.

-Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know, I am not 100% sure on that one.

I did not pull the throttle bodies completely off, just enough to attatch the throttle cables.

I did use the 954 velocity stacks with the 929 airbox........

I guess everyone else thought my write up SUCKED?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Pulse : Actually it's a pretty cool write-up.  Straight and to the point.

I think most of us want to see some pics of your FrankenBlade though.

(that includes thinking that the write up was just fine)

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hey namike, I thought your write-up was detailed and informative. Just one thing: Under 'Quirks', your last statement regarding the bank angle sensor seems to be incomplete - just a heads up. Good write-up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts