Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not at all, the OEM 1000RR forks are 10mm shorter than the OEM 954 forks although internally thay are very similar, the biggest difference is the radial caliper mounts on the 1000RR (I actually have these on my 954).

Anyway most of the above is irrelavent except the radial brakes. I dont know the exact measurements but Ohlins are usually a little longer in the upper tube than OEM forks so you should have plenty to play with when setting the ride height, the Ohlins should have 120mm of travel just like the stockers

All I would do is to ensure a ballpark starting point for you conversion is raise the front end off the ground using a steering stem mounted front stand, then with the standard forks fully extended take a measurement from the front axle to the underside of the lower tripple clamp. Then just set the ohlins to the same height as stock to begin with, using your measurement from axle to lower tripple clamp, dont worry about how much fork tube is protruding through the upper tripple clamp as you can not campare this to the stock forks (apples to oranges).

Now the only other factor that may alter your geometry is the difference in sag between the ohlins and the stockers.

Cheers Jai :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all, the OEM 1000RR forks are 10mm shorter than the OEM 954 forks although internally thay are very similar, the biggest difference is the radial caliper mounts on the 1000RR (I actually have these on my 954).

Anyway most of the above is irrelavent except the radial brakes. I dont know the exact measurements but Ohlins are usually a little longer in the upper tube than OEM forks so you should have plenty to play with when setting the ride height, the Ohlins should have 120mm of travel just like the stockers

All I would do is to ensure a ballpark starting point for you conversion is raise the front end off the ground using a steering stem mounted front stand, then with the standard forks fully extended take a measurement from the front axle to the underside of the lower tripple clamp. Then just set the ohlins to the same height as stock to begin with, using your measurement from axle to lower tripple clamp, dont worry about how much fork tube is protruding through the upper tripple clamp as you can not campare this to the stock forks (apples to oranges).

Now the only other factor that may alter your geometry is the difference in sag between the ohlins and the stockers.

Cheers Jai :D
Cool. I would need some 5mm spacers and a set of brake calipers right?

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you are using the 954's 330mm discs you will need 10mm spacers as the 1000RR forks were origionally designed with 310mm discs (the 06 has 320mm and uses 5mm spacers), you can usually pick up some 1000RR calipers on ebay for under a hundred bucks :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello friend. I just bought a cbr 954 with ohlins fork (fg831). I just found out that my right suspension internal was damage. Any suggestion what can I use to replace the part. Can I use cartridge from triumph daytona 675r 2011. I using the bike for leisure ride, not for track use. Thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hello friend. I just bought a cbr 954 with ohlins fork (fg831). I just found out that my right suspension internal was damage. Any suggestion what can I use to replace the part. Can I use cartridge from triumph daytona 675r 2011. I using the bike for leisure ride, not for track use. Thanks

I don't have an answer for you but I suspect Jungleboy will not be along to answer as this thread is eight years old. Calling Ohlins would probably be your best bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts