Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to start playing with my 02' 954 The bike has a slip on, (Carbon fiber) D&D, k&N filter, went down 1 tooth on the rear sprocket, lowering link, and straps on the front. My question to you all is nos? Dry spray kits are about $400 that not that bad, but with my set up what would be the best way to go with nos ( pc3 usb, velocity stacks, etc...) Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
As a fellow drag racer,I wouldnt drive around with those front straps on.They are an accident waitng to happen.I cant remember where I saw it,but I saw a dry nitrous setup for like $260.My boss has a nos setup on his gixxer 1k and he has a pc3usb,full yoshi,k&n,and tre.Im not a nos guy so I cant give my 2cents on what to do .Sorry but im into forced induction,which seems to spark up some serious debates at the job.:smilebig:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alpine, Thanks for the reply. Is there a turbo for a 954rr? If so what kind of engine work would need to be done?

·
Registered
846 Posts
As a fellow drag racer,I wouldnt drive around with those front straps on.They are an accident waitng to happen.
Do you mean you wouldn't drive around with them cinched down, or that you wouldn't drive around with them at all?? Granted I'm not much of a corner guy anymore, but I have about 8k miles of riding with a front strap. I only pull it down when I'm lining up.

As far as NOS just get a basic dry kit from Dynotune or ColdFusion - both reputable companies then either adjust for more fuel up top with either your PC or a full rich box like this one (MPS makes one as well).

https://st62.startlogic.com/~xsvsport/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=35&osCsid=50d5959623727ed0ed7384429519ba75

Silverbullet is a member here that drag races a 954 on n20 - and his shop sells everything you need.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I wouldnt drive around with them cinched down.I actually know someone who thought it was ok to drive around like that.

As far as a turbo kit for our bikes,well I havent seen any out there.But that doesnt mean that there isnt a company that can not put one together for us.

By the way,when my boss first got his nitrous kit,it was an mps kit.Well lets just say that half of the kit ended up in the garbage.

tobefast.com has a dry kit by Nitrous Express for $298.00 which is a good price in my opinion.

HTH
Alpine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That turbo looks pretty damn good, but I will have to save my $$$$. Probably go with dynotune's nitrous kit.
Thanks Guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts