Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im in love with my 954. Its time to get her on the track. I recently rebuilt the engine and have gone through everything and am fully aware of the piston wear on the 954s. Im considering getting a spare 954 if the right one comes along. My question is should I move into the 1000rr. Is it worth the added investment. I honestly cannot part with my 954. Were bonded deeply. We even had a nice treat yesterday and smoked a new camero and a 911slow. The Porsche was moving pretty good when we screamed by at 160. Not everyday do we get that kind of old school fun in todays world. Everyone was safe and the camero never reappeared? The Porsche waived as we split ways miles down the road. Its time I commit to the track. I have a lot of drive but not enough direction.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can't speak for the early 1000rr's but I had an 08' 1000rr. It was a good bike. No issues whatsoever.... But it didn't lure me in like my 929 has/had. I loved my 929 before it was mine (bought it from a friend) and continue to enjoy this bike. The 1000rr, not as much. Can't really explain it to ya but if it were me, it would be an older gen bike if I was looking. 929, 954, rc51 etc you get the idea. Back when sportbikes were mean and not for newbie riders. Anybody can hop on a BMW s1000rr and let the computer ride for them lol, hope I didn't offend

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
I'm a newbie to the track thrill as you, however I think you would be happier on a 954 than an original 1K. They went up in weight, and against a 954 that's a substantial negative. I would do another 54?. But it's up to you my friend. Good luck with what you choose.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great guys !! Thanks for the encouragement. Now I've got my eye out for the right opportunity to score/rescue another 954.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I can't speak for the early 1000rr's but I had an 08' 1000rr. It was a good bike. No issues whatsoever.... But it didn't lure me in like my 929 has/had. I loved my 929 before it was mine (bought it from a friend) and continue to enjoy this bike. The 1000rr, not as much. Can't really explain it to ya but if it were me, it would be an older gen bike if I was looking. 929, 954, rc51 etc you get the idea. Back when sportbikes were mean and not for newbie riders. Anybody can hop on a BMW s1000rr and let the computer ride for them lol, hope I didn't offend
I can explain it, bikes like the 51, 29 and 54 have CHARACTER. JMO :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts