Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read of people making all sorts of different tail fairings/subframes on their cbr900. please give me ideas and things involved and needed. as far as parts and fab work

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Things invloved:

Steel tube
Welder
Bolts
Creativity
Tail Plastic
Done.

Check out custom fighters.com for all sorts of wicked 900rr fab work. Here's my old 900rr

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might give that a try... Im capable of fabbing anything I need to. Just was hoping someone had already done it, simplifing things. lol. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man..... Thanks thats amazingly helpful. I think Im gonna do all 04-07 fairing set up. My new motor is 185hp worthy so might as well make it look like a 1000 since it will be faster than most. lmao

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I think the easiest is slapping a race tail on there. No fussing around with a passenger seat or cowl.

My zx9r with that same 06 r6 tail on it turned out alright

More importantly, how are you making 185 horses from a 893?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 945cc,Titanium rods,arp 10mm studs,zx11 41mm flat slides,ram air set up with open pods,ported polished head,55% valve cuts,milled head, crower performance custom grind cam,titanium retainers, kibblewhite springs ,relief cut je pistons, knife edged n nitrided crank( knifeedged n bull nosed), undercut trans gears, a few other tricks done to my head

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will send pics.... airtek sells the ram air. And its fairly promising. I built my brothers 94 motor and put it on my dyno. 167rwhp.... mine has alot more

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW that zx9 is sick. Ive built a 99 zx9 and a 2001 zx9. I love em. except that the subframe is welded onto mainframe and more than half in the world are tweaked. lmao

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
That's pretty rad. I fabbed up a ram air ish intake for my 1100 gsxr, I doubt it'll work but it was fun to build and looks sweet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts